How Our Genes Change Our Lives, and Our Lives Change Our Genes
A groundbreaking book that will transform how we understand ourselves and our families by revealing that * Your genes are not fixed;
* the traits you inherit aren't unalterable;
* the way you behave can affect how these genes are passed down to your children.Your experiences, no matter how seemingly inconsequential - from bullies to crushes to what you eat for dinner - have all left an indelible mark within you. And more importantly, within your genes.We're taught that we don't have much of a choice in the matter of what we get or what we give, because our genetic legacy was fixed when our parents conceived us. But that's all wrong. Our genes are constantly on the move, some are turning on while others are turning off, all in response to what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what you're feeling. And all of those things can be changed, which means we can change. Genetically. INHERITANCE is a guidebook for that change. No longer do we have to settle for what we've been given. We can write our own story.
You can change your genes - and this revelatory, cutting-edge popular science book will explain how.
Über den AutorProdukteigenschaften:
Ciara Geraghty is the author of four novels, Saving Grace, Becoming Scarlett, Finding Mr Flood and Lifesaving for Beginners. She lives in Dublin with her husband, three children and dog.
- Autor/en: Moalem, Sharon
- Verlag: Hodder And Stoughton Ltd.
- Erscheinungsdatum: 15.01.2015
- Einbandart: Kartoniert / Broschiert
- Seitenanzahl: 416 Seiten
- Sprache: englisch
- Breite: 12,9 cm
- Höhe: 2,2 cm
- Gewicht: 303 g
- Länge: 19,8 cm
- Herstellerartikelnr: ISBN 1444763237